- Syntactic framework. Which framework describes the fresh new components having specifying the latest authoritative presentation syntax from RIF logic dialects from the concentrating the brand new presentation syntax of your construction. The latest presentation sentence structure is utilized inside the RIF to help you define brand new semantics of the dialects in order to teach an element of the suggestions which have instances. So it sentence structure isn’t meant to be a real syntax having the dialects; they makes out facts such as the delimiters of the numerous syntactic portion, parenthesizing, precedence from providers, and the like. Since the RIF was a keen interchange structure, it spends XML as the only tangible syntax.
- Semantic structure. The fresh semantic design refers to brand new components which might be employed for specifying the fresh varieties of RIF logic dialects.
- XML serialization framework. It design talks of the entire beliefs one reason dialects are to use in specifying the tangible XML-situated syntaxes. For each dialect, the concrete XML sentence structure is actually a derivative of your own dialect’s demonstration sentence structure. It may be thought to be a serialization of the syntax.
- Constants and you can parameters. These terms are to the majority of logic dialects.
- Positional conditions. These conditions can be included in very first-purchase reason. RIF-FLD represent positional words in the a slightly more general way for the order to enable dialects having large-purchase syntax, such as for instance HiLog [CKW93] and you can Relfun [RF99].
- Terminology with called arguments. Speaking of including positional terms and conditions aside from for each and every argument out of good identity is known as while the acquisition of one’s arguments is actually immaterial. Conditions which have named objections generalize the thought of rows from inside the relational tables, where line headings match conflict brands.
- Lists. These types of terms match lists inside the reason programming, and therefore are included in the essential Reasoning Dialect. Limited items of them terminology are utilized regarding the Center Dialect and Design Laws and regulations Dialect.
- Structures. A-frame identity is short for an assertion throughout the an object and its particular characteristics. These types of terms correspond to molecules out of F-reasoning [KLW95]. There clearly was syntactic similarity anywhere between terminology which have called objections and you can frames, once the features (or services) off an item end up like named objections. Although not, brand new semantics of them terms and conditions are very different (pick Section Semantic Structures).
- Category. These terms are accustomed to explain new subclass and you can class subscription relationships. There are 2 kinds of group terms and conditions: membership terms and conditions and you can subclass words. Particularly structures, this type of words was in fact borrowed out of vanilla umbrella nasÄ±l kullanÄ±lÄ±yor F-logic [KLW95].
- Equivalence. Such terms are used to equate other conditions.
pred:numeric-equivalent or pred:boolean-equal). Those predicates have fixed interpretations, which coincide with the interpretation of the equality terms defined in this document when the latter are evaluated over data types. General use of equality terms is supported in systems such as FLORA-2 [FL2], and special cases are also allowed in Relfun [RF99].
Terms are then used to define several types of RIF-FLD formulas. RIF dialects can choose to permit all or some of the aforesaid categories of terms. In addition, RIF-FLD introduces extension points, one of which allows the introduction of new kinds of terms. An extension point is a keyword that is not a syntactic construct per se, but a placeholder that is supposed to be replaced by specific syntactic constructs of an appropriate kind. RIF-FLD defines several types of extension points: symbols (NEWSYMBOL), connectives (), quantifiers (NEWQUANTIFIER), aggregate functions (NEWAGGRFUNC), and terms (NEWTERM).
not, outside the data versions, the fresh interpretation of equality terms and conditions can vary which is determined from the items in RIF data
Symbol rooms partition the new number of low-logical icons one correspond to individual constants, predicates, and functions, and each partition is then given its semantics. A symbol area has actually an enthusiastic identifier and you will an effective lexical area, hence describes new “shape” of your signs where icon room. Specific icon areas from inside the RIF are accustomed to select Web entities and their lexical space contains strings one to syntactically feel like internationalized financing identifiers [RFC-3987], otherwise Eye (e.grams., Other symbol areas are used to portray the fresh new datatypes required by RIF (for example,